Home Animals Security camera catches dog starting house fire

Security camera catches dog starting house fire

23908
0
SHARE

A family in Southwick, Massachusetts, nearly lost their house after their dog turned on the kitchen stove while trying to eat some leftover pancakes. According to the Southwick Fire Department, the family’s hungry dog hit the ignition button on the gas stove, causing an item sitting on the stove to ignite. A clip shared to the department’s Facebook page on January 30 shows the dog turning on the stove after reaching for some pancakes. The flames then slowly start to increase inside and the room began to fill up with smoke. Fortunately for the homeowners, they were connected to a monitored alarm system which called emergency responders saving severe damage. “If you have pets or young children in the home look into safety covers for your stove controls,” the department wrote.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here