A 26 year old Tucson man was grateful this morning after being rescued from a chimney at his University area home. Tucson Firefighters lowered a rope to the subject who’s feet were touching the floor of his house, however, he was stuck due to the decreased diameter near the fire place. Firefighters were than able to grab onto the man and carefully remove him. The subject, who was stuck in his chimney for up to four hours, stated that he locked his keys in the house and was attempting to go back inside. Finally a neighbor heard him yelling for help and called Tucson Fire. A Technical Rescue response was dispatched for a Confined Space Rescue, however, first arriving crews from Station’s Three and One were able to perform the rescue. He did not appear to be injured, but was medically evaluated at the scene by paramedics.
– Tucson Fire Department Facebook