Home Comedy Patient starts fire during surgery by farting

Patient starts fire during surgery by farting

8
0
SHARE

A patient’s bodily gases led to her being set on fire during a laser surgery in Japan.

According to a report from the Tokyo Medical University Hospital, the woman -who was identified as being in her 30s- was undergoing laser surgery on her cervix when she passed gas.

The noxious fumes sparked the laser, which was reportedly in an environment that was free of flammable materials.

“When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation (room), it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire,” the report stated.

While the incident happened in April of this year, the hospital report was only recently released on October 28th.

According to The Asahi Shimbum out of Japan, much of the patient’s body was burned, including her waist and legs.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here